The question ‘how to apply for ITIN number for H4’ would have appeared in the mind of almost every individual aspiring to start a business in a state that is lucrative in terms of economy and financial market. In order to understand how to apply for ITIN number for H4, the understanding of ITIN number and that of H4 is highly important.
After the getting the E2 visa in the United States, the eligibility of residing and starting with a business wouldn’t be questioned by anyone. The step that follows it is to watch out for the fact if a person has dependants or not. In that case (if you have dependants), the acquisition of H4 is an integral task. Those individuals who wish to call their families to the U.S. often worry about how to apply for ITIN number for H4.
What is ITIN?
The fundamental question before how to apply for ITIN number for H4 is, what is ITIN? Without the understanding of the basic concept it would be difficult to look for the answer of how to apply for ITIN number for H4.
The ITIN number is the acronym for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, and is a United States tax processing number that is issued to the residents of the US by3/1/16 the IRS (Internal Revenue Service). The nine digit number which has number 9 as the first digit has almost similar characters for the fourth and fifth digit which are 70-99 except for 89 and 93. In order to acquire the ITIN number, one has to file for the W-7 form and not only that, the correct filling of information is important. Also if the taxpayer’s documents of identification aren’t submitted in proper order or are incomplete, the W-7 form wouldn’t be accepted and a temporary identification number might be issued (Containing the excluded digits 89 and 93).
Under the Internal Revenue Code, the residents and non residents of the US are obliged to fulfill responsibilities of Federal tax return and payments. In order to receive the ITIN number, the citizens are required to file the required documents and that’s when they start to think about how to apply for ITIN number for H4. And for those who are currently thinking about how to apply for ITIN number for H4, the ITIN number cannot be filed for, electronically.
The ITIN number is not only for the tax payments but also for the purpose of real estate; it is used by the real estate brokers to facilitate the mortgages for the residents who are unauthorized for it. The foreign investors interested in the United States can make the most of ITIN number to invest in the real estate. However, these investors need to have ITIN to file state and federal tax returns showing their rental income.
For those still thinking about how to apply for ITIN number for H4, the significance of the ITIN number might make the base stronger.
Importance of ITIN Number
The importance of ITIN could not be ignored for it being the required document when one is filing taxes. The tax processing number which is granted to the children and spouse of the residents of the US (the principle investor by the IRS) is highly important in various aspects.
- The bank accounts could be open in the United States with the help of the ITIN number.
- The individuals having the ITIN number can easily apply for mortgage loans.
- The tax refund could be filed for, very easily with the help of the ITIN number.
- Filing of federal taxes needs personal identification number, ITIN is the answer.
In order to find an answer for how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, one needs to understand the uses of ITIN in further details:
- The ITIN number is used by the spouse or the child of a non resident alien holding a US visa.
- The ITIN number is used by the child or the spouse of a principle investor who is also a US citizen alien.
- The ITIN number is used by a non resident alien who has to file the tax return in U.S.
This information clarifies the grounds for understanding about how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa.
What is H4 Visa?
In order to learn in great detail about how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa, one has to understand about H4 visa. A H4 visa is for the dependants on an independent citizen in the United States. This immigrant visa is issued by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). The immediate family members such as the spouse and children of the principle investor are eligible for H4 visa. However, those thinking about how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa should keep in mind that dependent children only include children under the age of 21 for the acquisition of H4 visa by the US. As soon as a child crosses the age of 21, a separate visa would have to be applied for. These visa holders are then eligible to stay with the principle investor in the US. The principle investors hold H-1B visa which makes their dependents eligible for H4 visa.
Are you wondering about how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa? Do keep in consideration for H4 visa, like any other document requirements. It starts with the submission of the application for the ITIN number, which is followed by the different legal requirements.
Applying For ITIN Number
If you’re worried about how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa, consult a lawyer in order to understand the complex legal requirements as well as knowing all the documents needed in order to file for the ITIN number. There would be online sources available to help with filing the ITIN number explaining the procedure and discussing the requirement of necessary documents so that you could file federal taxes get a refund for your income withheld by the IRS, and file taxes and claim dependants you support.
In order to apply for any of the licenses or documents, one has to file the necessary documents required for it, so is the case when applying for ITIN for H4 visa. These documents are a proof of identity and also that they are rightly connected to H1 independent resident. So if you are thinking about how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, keep in mind the need for necessary documents as a prerequisite. Since you would be wondering about how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, here is the list of documents needed for the submission of the application:
- You need to submit a completed the IRS Form W-7 in order to apply for the ITIN number for H4 visa.
- You need to fill the Form W-7 (Certificate of accuracy for IRS Individual Tax Payer Identification Number – ITIN).
- S. Federal Income Tax Return has to be filed as well to apply for the ITIN number for H4 visa.
- Your Passport is one of the integral documentations needed to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa, without which things might get a bit tricky to handle.
- S. Driver’s license needs to be showed as a mark of identification.
- State I.D of the U.S. is also one of the documents that depict the name and various important details of an individual.
- Visa needs to be shown in order to apply for ITIN number in the U.S.
- S Citizenship and Immigration Services Photo identity.
- National Identification Document (It should include the name, photograph, date of birth, address and expiration date).
- Medical records of individuals need to be submitted when filing for the ITIN number for H4 visa.
- School Documents (Only for dependants and (or) students) need to be submitted for filing of the application for ITIN number for H4 visa. They are mainly required for the students which are the dependant family members of the AH1 visa holder (children of the age of 18 years).
- Birth Certificate (Unless the passport is submitted) needs to be submitted as a mark of identification of the visa applicant.
- Foreign military identification number has to be shown in order to apply for the ITIN number for H4 visa.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS) identification photo is also required to be submitted.
How to Apply for ITIN Number for H4 visa, for Tax Returns
In case you’re wondering about the tax return matter, it is important to get an answer for how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa, for filing tax returns as well. Dealing with a governmental organization is a difficult task in itself let alone in the matters of taxation. However, it is important to know about how to apply for ITIN number for H4 when you’re thinking of bringing dependants as well to the U.S. Thus, here are few tips and highlights for it:
- Fill your Federal and State tax returns with the help of a service that specializes in facilitating individuals for it, so that no mistakes whatsoever could be a hindrance in the procedure.
- Do not bother to go for online filing and documentation because you won’t be able to do so.
- Once the application is submitted start preparing your documents for filing right away. It is important to keep a track of application and be ready with the necessary document requirements.
- Mail your Federal return form to the IRS ITIN Operations division along with the documents needed.
- In most cases, the passport of the dependant is enough as a document for H4 visa.
How to Apply for ITIN for H4 visa (Tax Number for Dependant)
In case you’re wondering why is it necessary to know about how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, keep in mind the legal requirements and the regulations observed by the U.S and how important it is to know about the application process in the first place.
An ITIN number is needed if you have recently married and have brought your spouse to the U.S. on the H4 dependant visa and the filing of tax returns jointly would definitely require the ITIN number for your spouse. Once the ITIN number for your spouse has arrived, the next step is to file the tax returns together as Married Filing Jointly.
In order to get an answer for how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa for filing taxes jointly with the dependant, following points need to be kept in consideration:
- Feel free to take help of tax services available to assist you with the filling of Federal and State Tax return forms and to generate them.
- There’s no reason why you should look for online solutions, there is none and you can’t file for the filing services online so no need to pay for any such thing.
- Keep the backup of the completed application forms and get a print out of the files as well.
- Do not worry about leaving the space for spouse’s SSN since you won’t be filing online for it, ignore the error sign.
Applying for H4 Visa
When most of the people are worried about how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, it is important for them to dig into the details of H4 visa requirements. A H4 visa is issued to the dependant family members of an H1 visa holder; these dependant family members include the spouse and children of the H1 visa holder. The principle applicant has to be the H1 visa holder in order to file for the visa of dependant H4 visa for the family members. The immediate family members include spouse and children but the children need to be under the age of 21 years of age.
Eligibility of H4 Visa Holder
When one is thinking of how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, it is also important to know of the eligibility of the H4 visa holder. A H4 visa holder is allowed to do carry out the following tasks:
- Pursue education in the U.S.
- Get a driver’s license.
- File for the ITIN number.
- Open bank accounts in the U.S.
- Work in any organization in the U.S.
Tips for Applying for H4 Visa
When one is wondering about how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa, it is imperative to know about the tips and tricks so that the entire filing and documentation process is error free. Following are the tips to keep in mind when filing for H4 visa so the confusion about how to apply for ITIN for H4 visa clears:
- The H4 visa applicants need to clearly state their given name and their last name in order to avoid any discrepancy, when filing their online application form. Also when the visa interview is taken, provide the clear names so that there are no chances of errors in the final documents. The change of name has to be reported since it would be reflected in the passport.
- Check with your passport if your name has been written correctly by the passport issuing authorities. Common errors occur such as last name written in the field of first name and vice versa.
- Get your spouse’ name endorsed on your passport before hand, it makes the procedure simpler.
- Endorse the change of last name after marriage (if it has changed) in the passport, otherwise the maiden name would be used in further documents such as driver’s license and identification card in the U.S.
- Show enough evidences to prove that you are married to an H1 applicant.
- A descriptive wedding album is needed, so make it a priority to arrange if planning to marry and call your spouse in the U.S. on H4 visa.
- The pictures in the wedding album need to be clear and the bride and groom need to be easily identifiable.
- It is better to show the wedding photographs that include the major wedding rituals such as engagement.
- Upon the arrival of your H4 visa, make sure to check for your name and your spouse’ name.
- Also, check for your accurate date of birth, and validity date.
- The type of visa needs to be checked upon the arrival of visa.
- Make sure you file the right documents at the right time for your H4 visa to be an error free and easy procedure.
When thinking of how to apply for ITIN number for H4 visa, the important documentation and the filing procedure needs to be kept in mind in order to avoid any issues in the entire procedure. The IRS has revised the ITIN number to the authorization letter and thus it gets a bit detailed than before, for that the help of a lawyer could be availed so that the H4 visa applicant can easily get their ITIN number without much of struggle.